How is the “Bing Dwen Dwen” made?
Who is Bing Dwen Dwen?
Table of Contents
Bing Dwen Dwen, is the mascot of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics. The image of the panda is combined with a super-energy ice crystal shell. The head shell is taken from the ice and snow sports helmet and decorated with a colorful halo.
The mascot for the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics, “Bing Dwen Dwen”, is probably the most successful mascot in the history of the Olympic Winter Games. It is based on the image of panda, and has a wide fan base in Europe and the United States, coupled with the cute image and the Olympic athletes in the social media platform to promote a wide range. Not surprisingly this mascot will also sell out in overseas sales platforms in the future. It is so cute that it is said that even the children of the bosses of OEM companies who want one cannot get one.
How is the “Bing Dwen Dwen” made?
“Bing Dwen Dwen” is a giant panda wearing icing, truly dressed thin, undressed with meat. Today we will introduce the panda puppet and ice shell outerwear respectively how the production?
The popular “Bing Dwen Dwen”, assembled from the silicone shell and plush panda two parts.
How are panda puppets produced?
1. First, the various parts of the panda made into cut pieces, the five senses and the palm of the small heart are embroidered with silk thread, and then they are sewn together.
2. Sew up a whole panda, to leave an opening there in the buttocks.
3. Fill the inside of the sewn panda with cotton.
4. finally to the butt pier with a hidden stitch method to seal a bottom, a pier without ice shell pier is complete.
Next, is the most concerned about how the ice shell is made?
How is the ice-shell coat of the “Bing Dwen Dwen” produced?
The large-scale production of silicone shell, naturally, can not be separated from the fine mold, and “Bing Dwen Dwen” core 3D complex surface, its manufacture requires CNC five-axis linkage processing, mold surface needs high polishing treatment.
“Bing Dwen Dwen” shell production process is very complex, first to wash the mold swabbed, and then polishing treatment, and then the silicone on the mold into the machine shaping. The process of demolding should be very fine, can not have a little damage. After completion, the Olympic rings and rainbow stripes have to be integrated into the product, which is also a great technical challenge. “The transparency of the silicone shell is extremely high, and the material feels good and can reach the environmental protection food grade.
The shape of the ice shell is inspired by “sugar gourd”, and silicone material is used in the actual production. The overall production process of the silicone shell is: 3D modeling → processing mold → rubber refining → molding → thermal transfer printing.
Production steps are as follows:
1. The raw material for the solid silicone molding process is solid, which is mixed by a mixing machine and then cut into the right size and thickness of the preparation material and put into the mold, which is molded under a certain temperature of the pressure molding machine.
2. This general process is relatively close, first clean the mold, then put the silicone into the machine molding, two “Bing Dwen Dwen” at a time. The “Bing Dwen Dwen” mold is more concave and convex, the buttocks, arms have to be put on silicone. If you look carefully, this mold also shrunk down a bit, inside the groove also put a good silicone, used to do the front of the “Bing Dwen Dwen”.
3. After molding, first go to a side edge. Do “Bing Dwen Dwen” silicone senior some, is food-grade, that is, even if the children take it to grind their teeth is not a problem … But according to the rich friends who have “Bing Dwen Dwen” said, this is easy to accumulate dust, can really be a sweet burden.
4. demoulding to be very gentle, meticulous, can not have a little damage, poor innocent pandas mold, so was taken off the ice shell coat.
Heat transfer printing
The most difficult process of silicone shell production is the shell of the “ice ribbon”. Because the “ice ribbon” five-color surround, and printing is generally flat, the ice ribbon to be printed accurately to the corresponding location, the difficulty is not small, and then continuously polished using more mature thermal transfer technology.
Beijing Winter Olympic Games logo is also heat transfer printed on.
Tear off this small piece to complete the mission.
The “heat transfer” process is actually something we see every day. For example, the letters on clothes. Place the plastic sheet with the letters on it on the clothes, and the heat transfer machine presses down!
Under heat and pressure, the ink is transferred from the plastic film to the fabric.
How to assemble the “Bing Dwen Dwen”?
At this time, please take out our shelled pandas and tell you how to put them in.
First of all, clean up the hair on the panda. It must be good to imagine touching the giant panda’s fur. As a result, it was found that the panda looked soft, but in fact, its fur was thick and hard Emmm still wants to touch.
Then put the panda into the ice shell. It’s a skill. The tail goes in first, and then the limbs are stuffed. Then put your ears and play with your face. It’s just facial features. It’s beautiful.
Finally, use chopsticks to adjust the position of the label logo on the side.
If your baby panda can’t wear it back after stripping, you can try the steps shown by professionals above.
Source: China machining solutions provider – Yaang Pipe Industry (www.machinedsgn.com)